New Gods

I have spent the past few months rediscovering my love for the works of Jack Kirby. In some cases discovering love for works I never knew, the New Gods stuff in particular. I wasn't really familiar with Kirby's New Gods work, I knew of it but had never really read it or gave it a decent look in. Thanks to DC reprinting that whole period of Kirby's work however, I've been able to read it and I've been loving it.

Being a visual artist I can't help but marvel at the amazing character designs and how much energy Kirby laid down on each and every page. Its absolutely astonishing. I can't get enough of it at the moment.

I had an unfortunately slow day at the comic shop yesterday, so I made the most of it and did a bit of sketching between serving and chatting with customers. The recent development of said New Gods addiction lead to me sketching out head shots of my favorite New Gods.

image1